Software engineer with four years of experience developing and supporting enterprise applications. Primary experience in Java front-end and microservice development.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign — B.S. Computer Science
College of Engineering - Class of 2014
Software Engineer II — Raytheon Company; Aurora, Colorado (November 2017 - Present)
Software Engineer I, II — Cerner Corporation; Kansas City, Missouri (August 2014 - November 2017)
Front-end Java developer on Eclipse RCP applications. Developed, tested and supported enterprise healthcare applications to automate clinical workflows and enhance user experience. Collaborated on a regular basis with both international team members as well as an external development partner in development and testing efforts. Designed and developed RESTful microservices.
- Improved workflow performance by 80% by reducing service calls and parallelizing bottlenecks
- Reduced maximum CPU usage by 20% through profiling and optimizing CPU-intensive code
- Facilitated debugging and testing by independently creating plugins and tools for the team to isolate components and service calls outside the context of our own application
- Identified numerous security vulnerabilities for other teams in applications across the organization during semiannual “Can You Break It?” events
Undergraduate Research — University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Urbana, Illinois (Fall 2013 - Spring 2014)
Developed a tool for automated testing of online behavioral advertising employed by ad networks to target users during typical web usage. Utilized this tool to aggregate data and to infer the attributes assigned to users by ad network algorithms.
- Authored a Senior Thesis entitled “Toto: Understanding Targeted Online Advertising” based on testing results
- Contributed an automated testing tool and research results to planned future research projects and papers
Energy Systems Intern — Argonne National Laboratory; Argonne, Illinois (May 2012 - August 2012)
Conducted research on crop fertilizer pollution resulting from increasing biofuel demand and production. Updated and revised a Java tool based on Argonne’s GREET model for personal vehicle emissions.
- Authored “Nitrogen Fertilizer Trends and Use in Relation to the Production of Biofuel”
- Advanced existing Department of Energy research through contributed research on fertilizer pollution
- Sought out supplemental work opportunities to participate in software development which resulted in an improved Travel Carbon Calculator tool
- Experience in Java, HTML, CSS
APIs, Technologies & Tools
- Eclipse RCP, SWT, Spring Boot, Spark REST Framework, JUnit, Mockito
- AWS, Heroku, Firebase, WebSphere Application Server, Jenkins CI, Wireshark
SCM & Dependency Management
- Git, Subversion
- Maven, Gradle
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate